Searching for cycling clothing with out polyester is some what like trying to find a needle in a hundred haystacks. Some of the better items I have are custom made which is not an option for every one.
The fabrics that I can wear are
- Nylon – a bit rougher then other fabrics, some people are allergic to Nylon and polyester
- LYCRA – trade marked version of nylon and tends to be a higher quality
- Spandex – sometimes, most of the time spandex contains a mix of polyester
- Elastane / Elasthanne – 100 % Elastane can be quite rough and cause chaffing
- Cotton – not so great for cycling but at one point had a few modified tshirts with pockets and elastic’s put in. This is a low cost solution if you like to sew or have someone that can do it for you.
Here is a list of products that I have no issues with so far, some of them require modification.
Louis Garneau Classic Short – This is labeled as 82% Nylon and 18% Elastane. The chamios is made of nylon and polyester so that needed to be removed.
The same with shorts, the chamios is likely going to needed to be removed and replaced with a leather chamios. To locate try Wool cycling
With jerseys you have to watch out the cuffs and other trims are not polyester. They do not need to be declared. I sent one jersey to my tailor (mom) to swap out the cuffs and collars for a fabric I could wear.